Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And we begin...



I'm Robin. I'm almost 29 years old and I'm a fatty pants.

I'm 5'4" and as of 1/17/10 I'm 186.5lbs.

FATTY PANTS.

I've been saying for months (read = years) that I'm going to get off my ass, join the gym and get back in shape. I've been a member of a gym for a year now and I've probably been 20 times, TOTAL.

I decided to go to the APP (Association of Professional Piercers) conference in LAS VEGAS this year and have no desire to be the fat girl by the pool in long shorts and a t-shirt. It;s time to actually put some effort into getting back in shape.

I met with a personal trainer last Thursday and even though she was obnoxiously perky and wore too much make-up I knew that she'd be a good trainer. We spoke about the cost and immediately my heart was crushed. $300 A MONTH. Well I simply don't have enough to rock that. Looks like I'm gonna have to do this myself. And as much as everyone says they're supportive, that more seems to be the case when directly confronted with it, but certainly not always.

At home I have my yoga mat, 2x 10lb weights, a resistance band, a 25lb flat weight, large medicine ball and a jump rope. I also have Netflix on Demand, which has a few workout videos.

At the gym, I'm mostly focusing on weight lifting. I have a major knee injury that I've had surgery on so I can only do a little with my legs. At home, I'm futzing around with a few things.

This blog is for me to keep up with all my workout shit, because I love to talk about it, but I feel like I'm boring the crap out of everyone on other social networking sites. Sometimes I just need to read myself talking.

I don't expect anyone else to read this, but if you do, feel free to ask questions or whatever. Eventually I'll be brave enough to post pictures. Just not yet. No one wants to see my fatty pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment