Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pilates is hard.

Lesson learned tonight. Pilates is HARD. The instructors (at least on the DVDs) are really annoying too.

I am SORE. Mostly not in a good "I got a good workout" kind of way either. My knees, wrists and the palms of my hands hurt. At the same time, the leg workouts were pretty good. Anything standing up or flailing your arms around sucked though. Granted, that could have had something to do with the fact that I was in my basement and the ceiling is only about 5'9" tall, but still.

At the same time I can feel leg, stomach and butt muscles that definitely got worked on. I think this may me something I work up to, instead of trying to do 1.5 hours of it on my first go. I do have a tendency to either push too hard or give up to easily when I do....well anything. I'm currently aiming for "too hard", but within reason. Hey....that makes sense to me...

2 comments:

  1. Just start slow and keep working at it and you will meet your goals. I recently joined a gym and totally jacked up all my muscles cause I pushed to friggin hard. Then I found the exercise bike and have been doing that until I get my heart stronger. 15 years of partying really kills.

    ReplyDelete